March 24th, 2018 @ The Guelph Grotto Climbing Gym
Thanks for signing up for UBS. Whether this is your first comp EVER or you are a seasoned veteran, UBS has something for you. We are excited to be hosting you at The Guelph Grotto. Before coming, please note a couple of housekeeping items:
- YOU MUST SIGN A WAIVER TO ENTER THE FACILITY. Please take the time to read and sign that now if you haven’t already. It will make the check-in process 1000x easier for you and us!
- Registration and competitors’ briefing: A half hour before your climb time we will hold a competitors briefing to go over rules and scoring. Please plan to be in attendance.
- Registration opens 8am
- Competitors briefing 8:30am
- Climbing 9am-12pm
- Registration opens 11am
- Competitors briefing 11:30am
- Climbing 12pm-3pm
- Registration opens 2pm
- Competitors briefing 2:30pm
- Climbing 3pm – 6pm
- Awards @ 7pm
- Parking is very limited at our location. We know, it sucks. Please carpool. To respect the other businesses in our plaza we are asking competitors to park in one of the following locations:
- Behind the building: The parking lot off of York Rd. You will have to walk around the building to get to our front entrance (warm up walks!).
- Residential parking: Street parking in the residential areas off York Rd. close to The Grotto.
- Plaza parking: There is a plaza kitty corner to us that has lots of extra parking
- Park lot: Eramosa River Park is just down the street from us, they have a small lot
- Storage and lockers: We will have two rooms for you to put coats or bags but please do not bring anything valuable with you into the gym. We do not have enough lockers for the number of competitors coming (though we do have some – feel free to bring a lock!), so just bring your essentials.
- Food and drinks: We have some snacks and drinks available for purchase at the Grotto. Bring a mug for some Planet Bean coffee! Some of our favourite spots for more substantial meals close by include Naha Thai’s Kitchen, Eggcetera and Greek Garden – all are just across the street! Pizza Pizza, Subway and Tim Hortons are also close by.
Rest up and stay hydrated! We will see you Saturday.
50 Problem scramble format